Planning a honeymoon is one of the most exciting yet exasperating tasks for soon-to-be newlyweds because the dollar signs tend to pile high within the blink of an eye. Not every couple has the savings to fly far away to an exotic location, especially after an expensive wedding. Thus thousands of Canadian couples must plan a honeymoon on a budget. But contrary to popular belief, planning a honeymoon on a budget doesn’t have to include a weekend stay at a two-star hotel, dinner at McDonald’s, and window shopping.
Honeymoon on a Budget Tips
One of the best ways to thoroughly enjoy a honeymoon without breaking the bank is taking advantage of nature, trying free activities, and finding an inexpensive, nearby couples-only retreat – which is where Tallpine Lodges enters into the fold. Here are five tips to save money while honeymooning in Whiteshell Provincial Park:
- Stay within driving distance. Tallpine Lodges is less than 90 minutes from Winnipeg!
- Cook your own meals. Each of our rustic, romantic cabins has a well-maintained grill. Many couples grill steaks, salmon, cheeseburgers, kabobs, and chicken breasts right outside our Whiteshell cottages.
- Get the inside scoop from us. Tallpine Lodges is owned and operated by a young husband-and-wife duo that knows every bargain. If you’re aiming to penny pinch during your honeymoon on a budget, simply ask about our favourite money-saving activities, restaurants, and shops!
- Add a honeymoon to your registry. This one may seem a bit odd, but most couples already own home essentials, such as toasters, cutlery, and coffee makers. Family and close friends will fully understand this rising trend if you explain your financial situation (without going into much detail). And Honeyfund is a fantastic resource!
- Plan as many free activities as possible (which is really easy at our West Hawk Lake resort). You’ll find a list of couples-friendly free activities below!
Free Couples-Friendly Activities
Our romantic Whiteshell cabin rentals are located within steps of seemingly neverending outdoor adventures, most of which are entirely free of charge. We not only provide newlyweds with complimentary canoes, bicycles, tennis racquets, and a paddleboat, but we also have a heated pool, access to a sandy beach, and inexpensive watercraft rentals. Here’s a list our most popular free activities here at Tallpine Lodges:
- Hot tub
- Wildlife viewing
Honeymoon on a Budget at Tallpine Lodges
Tallpine Lodges is so much more than just a wallet-pleasing, adult-only resort in the Whiteshell Provincial Park near the border of Ontario. We’re a secluded, year-round escape – a safe haven for couples to connect in a wide variety of ways. Our private cabins are equipped with a private sauna, large Jacuzzi tub, electric fireplace, back patio, and flatscreen televisions. Wildlife, exceptionally friendly whitetail deer, frequent these lands in search of human companionship, creating spectacular photo opportunities. And the quiet spaces on West Hawk Lake, Hunt Lake Trail, and the surrounding forestry offer opportunities for reflection, deep conversation, and secret smooches. To start planning a honeymoon on a budget here at Tallpine Lodges, please give us a call today at 1-866-349-2209. We can help make your first getaway as a married couple extra special!